Ok, so last night I decided that I am going to try and do a weekly blog on Japanese. Maybe I will do more than one a week, but I am going to try and update at least once a week. Hopefully, this will help someone, even if it’s just me. So, enough procrastinating, here goes…
Tag Archives: japanese
This weekend we (Christina, Ryan, Rachel and Myself) went to this great hidden restaurant in Charlottesville, VA. The place is called “Ten.” Ten serves very gourmet Japanese food in a trendy modern environment. Of course gourmet food comes at a price between the four of us, we racked up a bill of $100, but it was amazing. The four of us got the following:
- Aka Dashi Miso 3 – This was a miso soup with red bean paste. It had a smoky flavor
- Yakitori 3 – Teryaki Chicken, served on a stick. It was awesome!
- Harami Miso 5 – World famous Wagyu (Kobe) Beef on a stick. It was the cheap part of the beef, so it was fatty, but the flavor was excellent. I had to try some type of Wagyu.
- Unagi Roll – Unagi Eel wrapped in Nori and Rice. I even liked it and I am not a Sushi fan.
- Unagi Sashimi – Unagi on rice with some type of sauce on top. It was better than the Sushi.
- Seaweed Salad 6 – Although I didn’t eat this dish, my wife loved it. The way they served it was really cool. It was served in a dish of ice lit up white with an LED.
- Calimari Tempura 12 – Calimari tempura with a creamy sauce with Korean Chili. It was hot, but not too hot. We all really enjoyed this dish.
- Lobster Tempura 15 – Tempura with a similar taste to the Calimari, but for the size of the portion I wouldn’t order it again. It was good, but not great.
- Avocado Tempura 8- Fried avocado with a nice sweet sauce.
- Kani Avocado Tobiko 6- Rolled sushi of avocado, king crab and tobiko(basically japanese caviar). Rachel ordered this and opted out of the tobiko.
- Soft Shell Crab Roll – Christina ordered this and received two huge rolls of soft shell crab with a nasty sauce.